DID YOU KNOW THAT SALT WATER IS CRUCIAL FOR LIFE, HEAT AND POWER?
Salt water is made when solid salt (i.e., table salt) is added to water. It then breaks apart in particles and acts just like a balloon does when rubbed against your hair – it carries an electric charge.
- Salt water is used by the body to send electrical signals to your heart and brain to work.
- Sea salt is packed with minerals such as magnesium, calcium and potassium. These absorb toxins in the body and on the skin; it works to treat infections and encourages our healing process.
- Unrefined salt is good for you. It helps balance blood sugar, regulates metabolism and boosts the immune system, just to name a few. When you add unrefined salt to filtered water, it can help kidneys in maintaining fluid balances.
- Warm salt water helps in digestion.
- The basic requirement of the human body is 1.5 teaspoons of salt per day, which can affect inflammation in the body.
- Salt water also acts as the transportation system that carries heat around our planet. Climate changes melt ice caps and thus disrupt this cycle and ultimately upsets the flow of heat around the world.
- Salt water can be used to suck carbon dioxide out of the air, thus preventing the worse effects of climate changes.
- Researchers are trying to build batteries using salt water. The expected benefits to the consumer would be in cost, safety and longevity.
However, we are a long way in finding all the answers on how and what the use of salt water can do for us. Some of science’s greatest minds have worked and continue to work on this issue. They believe understanding water is vital in understanding how our bodies and the planet work. So next time you have a little down time, look up what salt water can do for you. You’ll be surprised.