Porcelain Veneers An Overview
One reason many people choose our Severna Park dental office for their complete dentistry needs is that there is no need to seek out a specialist for cosmetic dentistry. Dr. Morgan and Dr. Forbes are experienced and highly trained, offering the latest cosmetic dentistry treatments, including porcelain veneers to deliver beautiful, natural-looking results.
We can select from a variety of materials for dental veneers from porcelain veneers to resin veneers. Whether you want a subtle change or dramatic transformation, we have the treatment option that is right for you. Achieve the smile of your dreams with a personalized smile makeover using dental veneers.
Porcelain veneers are designed to address many common cosmetic and restorative dental concerns:
- Mild orthodontic issues
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Mishappen teeth
- Gaps between the teeth
- Enhance the overall appearance of your smile
- Cracked or broken teeth
Types of Dental Veneers
Choosing the right type of veneer will depend on what your cosmetic goals are. There are several types of dental veneers to choose from:
- Composite resin veneers are made using a tooth-colored, biocompatible material that is applied directly to the tooth and sculpted into place. This type of dental veneer requires little to no preparation of the tooth.
- A Lumineer is a type of dental veneer. These also require little to no tooth preparation and can often be removed if desired. Lumineers are not for everyone; the dentist can help you decide if they are right for you.
- Porcelain veneers are thin, translucent shells of tooth-like material. Porcelain veneers are highly stained resistant and have similar light reflecting properties compared to natural teeth.